January 10, 2013
WICT Names 2012 Chapter Awards, Presidents and Advisors
By Kaylee Hultgren
The Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has revealed its 2012 chapter award winners as well as the association’s 2013 chapter presidents and advisors. The following chapters were recognized for their top performances this year in areas such as programming, marketing and communications, membership and governance. In 2012, chapters WICT Carolinas and Greater Philadelphia earned the highest score possible.
2012 Chapter honorees:
- WICT Chapter Leader of the Year presented to Jennifer Frager, Director, Customer Care Sales/Retention, Suddenlink Communications, who served as the Vice President for WICT Greater Texas.
- WICT Chapter Volunteer of the Year awarded to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer support of WICT, presented to Colleen Stewart, Director, Service Operations, Time Warner Cable, whose efforts supported WICT New York.
- WICT Most Improved Chapter for Chapter growth and development from the previous year, presented to WICT New Mexico & Arizona. An Honorable Mention in this category was awarded to WICT Michigan, which demonstrated tremendous growth in membership and programming in 2012.
- WICT Best Chapter Programming of the Year presented to WICT Southeast for first place, Greater Chicago for second place and Michigan for third place.
- WICT Chapter Mentoring Excellence for Chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful WICT mentoring program, presented to WICT New York for first place, Southeast for second place and Greater Chicago for third place.
- WICT Chapter Enterprise Award presented to Chapters who formed new and lasting partnerships within the industry and with local academic institutions, presented to WICT Rocky Mountain for first place, Greater Philadelphia for second place and Southeast for third place.
- Inspire and Others Will Follow Award honoring Chapters who helped their members achieve their full potential by embracing the WICT vision and achieved 90 or more points on the 2012 WICT Model Chapter Business Plan. In 2012, WICT had the greatest number of Chapters ever receive the award in a single year, with 16 honorees. This award was presented to WICT Carolinas, Greater Chicago, Greater Ohio, Greater Philadelphia, Greater Texas, Michigan, Midwest, New England, New Mexico & Arizona, New York, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, Southeast, Southern California, Virginia, and Washington DC/Baltimore.
2103 Chapter Presidents:
- Carolinas - Dee Jones
- Florida - Sabrina Calhoun, VP, Engineering, Bright House Networks
- Greater Chicago - Jennifer Holt, Director, Field Sales & Marketing, Tribune Media Services
- Greater Ohio - Abby Pytosh, Account Executive, Time Warner Cable
- Greater Philadelphia - Margaret Rickard Rubinacci, Senior Manager, pureIntegration
- Greater Texas - Susan Ivins, VP, Care Operations, Time Warner Cable
- Heartland - Lisa Gabler, Director, Customer Care Operations, Cox Communications
- Michigan - Yolanda Day, Regional VOD Product Coordinator, Comcast
- Midwest - Sarah DeZell, Director, Customer Care Call Center, Comcast
- New England - Nancy Hager, NE Customer Care Technical Manager & Vendor Management, Cox Communications
- New Mexico & Arizona - Nancy Murphy, Director, Talent Development and Acquisition, Cox Communications
- New York - Jaime Saberito, VP, Corporate Communications, AMC Networks
- Northern California - Jill Thompson, Senior Director, Human Resources, Comcast
- Pacific Northwest - Andrea Costello, Media Manager, Comcast
- Rocky Mountain - Maria Popo, President, Americas, Ubee Interactive, Inc.
- Southeast - Kathy Gray, Executive Producer & Director of Project Services, Turner Studios
- Southern California - Molly Stone Cody, Account Director, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Virginia - Mary K. Butler, National Sales Manager, Comcast Spotlight
- Washington DC/Baltimore - Orlena Blanchard, Partner, Potomac Strategy Consultants
2013 Chapter Advisors:
- Carolinas - Cyndee Everman, VP, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Marketing & Care Tools, Time Warner Cable
- Florida - Joanna Popper, VP, Marketing, Telemundo
- Greater Chicago - Jill Meinzer, VP, Technical Services, ARRIS
- Greater Ohio - Pamela McDonald, VP, Government Affairs, Time Warner Cable
- Greater Philadelphia - Jennifer Yohe Wagner, VP, Strategic Business Procurement, Comcast
- Greater Texas - Beth Bayes, VP, Employee Communications - West Region, Time Warner Cable
- Heartland - Jennifer Bergman, VP, Business Operations - Central Region, Cox Communications
- Michigan - Lisa Birmingham, VP, Government & Regulatory Affairs, Comcast Cable
- Midwest - Caroline Aspenson, VP, Human Resources, Comcast
- New England - Melinda Poore, VP, Government Relations, Time Warner Cable
- New Mexico & Arizona - Suzee Smith-Everhard, Director, Community Relations, Cox Communications
- New York - Lauren LoFrisco, SVP, Affiliate Marketing, iN DEMAND
- Northern California - Elaine Barden, VP, Sales & Marketing, Comcast California
- Pacific Northwest - Marian Jackson, Director, Government Relations, Charter Communications
- Rocky Mountain - Jill Stark, VP, Charter Business, Charter Communications
- Southeast - Sheri McGaughy, VP, Legal, The Weather Channel
- Southern California - Michelle Christian, Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting LLC
- Virginia - Gary McCollum, SVP & General Manager, Cox Communications
- Washington DC/Baltimore - EJ Conlin, SVP, Marketing, RLTV